Dates: October 14-15, 2019
Time: 11:00 am-5:00 pm
Early Bird Fee: 25,000 + GST (Valid through September 30)
October Fee: 30,000 + GST
in the case of cancellation.
Inversion Immersion: A 30-hr Yoga Alliance Accredited CPD
with Daniel Morgan and Neha Duseja
Dan and Neha fuse their knowledge from diverse movement practices and yoga training together to bring you an in depth and informative exploration of inversions – both theoretically and in physical practice. This training will focus on everything from plank, crow and crane to headstand, forearm-stand,
handstands and other core and arm balancing poses and transitions to give you the tools and knowledge to understand, master and teach each of the poses with complete confidence.
This training is open to teachers who want to deepen their understanding of inversions and to teach their students with a greater wealth of knowledge and experience. As this a CPD training, it is assumed that each student has at least a basic level of anatomy knowledge, asana practice, and a confidence and desire to practice arm balances and inversions.
If you have any doubts or concerns regarding the course curriculum, the pre-requisites, and your eligibility to join the course, you can get in touch with the Movement Sanctuary team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Below is a list of some things you can expect from the training with Neha and Dan:
* Warm-up protocols.
* How to safely and effectively assist / adjust arm and hand balances.
* Understand and learn to teach your students how to achieve both Strength & Stability + Mobility & Flexibility with various drills and skill progressions + regressions, to get your students or yourself safely from A-B.
* Understanding basic competency – basic physical assessments to indicate a students level of capability – what are your students ready for? Is it your job to guide them?
* Learn the benefits and counter-indications of an inversions practice.
* Understanding fear – The physical effects anxiety has on our asana (physical) practice and why.
* Functional Anatomy and Physiology of inversions
* Technique classes for each of the Postures, with applicable progressions and regressions
* Learn to fly – the understanding and application of float mechanics.
* Incorporation of jump through, jump back, crow, handstand, handstand press into your vinyasa.
* Sequencing for a safe and effective inversions classes.
* Sequencing for a safe and effective arm balancing classes.
This training will be run across the five days, and will be an informative & fun learning experience.
Since this is a certification course, full attendance is required. Although this training is designed with continued development as a teacher in mind, all yoga
practitioners are welcome to attend.
However, if you are a practitioner and not currently a teacher, we recommend that if you want to teach the work, that you do this training in conjunction with a 200-hr training.
Founded with a belief that the yoga practice doesn’t start and stop on the mat, Dan leads classes, workshops, retreats and trainings that encourage a deeper individual exploration.
A 200 E-RYT, YACEP, FRCms (Mobility Specialist), Transformative Life Coach and Advanced clinical
massage therapist, he leads specialised workshops and CPD Trainings, co-hosts international yoga teacher trainings and retreats, teaches regular weekly classes in London, and works with a select number of private clients.
With a constantly evolving professional offering and practice, taking inspiration from both traditional and modern teachings, he loves to help practitioners achieve breakthroughs in their
own personal practice, health, and development. With the ethos ‘teach people, not postures’ and a belief that every body is unique – he leads a practice that goes beyond the postures.
Neha is a RYT 600 certified, international yoga teacher, who’s journey began eight years ago as a means to balance work life and a rigorous gym workout. Her love affair with yoga began in
the hot room. Neha then began practicing Ashtanga and finally Vinyasa where she found her passion for arm balances, inversions and transitions. Going beyond the physical, she realized that yoga is mental stretch.
Stretching limitations, imaginations and possibilities! Her love for inversions, especially handstands, has seen her train with internationally renowned experts in hand balancing, yoga, calesthenics and movement. The journey of a handstand transformed her life and it is this change that she hopes to bring to the lives of all her students!